Tuesday, July 5

4th of July

**The amount of pictures I took over the last four days, is neither here nor there… but the ones you can't find here, can be found over …..there.**

For me, the 4th of July, is as much about the feelings this time of year brings with it, as it is anything else. I can best describe it as the first hot sun, after a bitter cold winter,  mixed with the excitement of christmas morning, with the comforting smell of freshly baked bread rushing your nose, wrapped with the security of your grandmother's hug.



It's one of those times that I catch myself, throughout the weekend, smiling to myself, thankful for those I see and aware of all the finer threads of great, they unknowingly bring with them. A time we celebrate our freedom with many cheers and too much food, capped off with fireworks.




I always wonder, what will my kids memories be, when they look back. Will this year be marked, as the one with the water ballon fight with equally life loving neighbors, or will my babes pick up on the efforts, that are made by those who love them, to be a part of their life, on that day.

Then I ask myself the same.


(this is where I see Calvin, 'think how cute' snap a few picture and here a muffled, "mumma... help me, I stuck" ….oops)


After all the dust settles from the rush of salad's getting made, fire wood being stocked, and the kid's every things packed, there is more than the reward of great food, good laughs, and a camp full of people, appreciative they have the free will to do so. There's that feeling that comes with a day, that we just do, because we always have, and will continue too. A feeling we're unawarely all better for being part in creating, and even more so, submerging ourselves in.



But, fireworks don't hurt either.

1 comment:

Kanesha @it's a full nest said...

Looks like a joyful summer full of love and stickiness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!