Sunday, January 29

Snow Day Stride

It's not unusual for us who live where snow is plentiful, to take advantage of all that its abundance has to offer, but what's weird this year is that we're barging into the month of February this week, and this past weekend was the first weekend that there was enough snow accumulated, for the longest period of time this year, without unbearably cold temperatures, and less than aggressive winds.

We got to get our winter groove on and our groove, was gotten…



What's also weird about this time of year, is that having been a Norther Mainer, my whole life… I am just as awkward at walking on anything frozen beneath my feet, as my feet are as awkward at walking beneath me.

It may come as a shock to any of you who have had the honor of witnessing any of my secret agent reenactments, but my timid shuffle across any amount of ice could easily be similar to watching a one legged Moose trying to do a cartwheel…

Have I mentioned what is underneath all of this newly collected snow?



Regardless, I shuffled and wide waddled my boot covered feet away this weekend, as we transitioned from an inside snow day…



To our outside snow day…



Our winter has been so broken up so far… -20 one day, shifting to 40 degrees the next… Snow dumping down in the morning, followed by rain in the afternoon to wash all it all away… It's safe to say, our winter stride has yet to be found… yet… after a weekend like this past.. I'm feeling very hopeful for our winter weekends to come...



Though I'm not one for clutter, I will admit, having this as an end of the day sight, couldn't mark for a more success day...



Success trumps, clutter…



And though this ending may seem abrupt, you'll have to excuse me … the kids are finally all asleep and I have a date that can finally come out of hiding.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!