Tuesday, January 15

Sanity In The Slow

There hasn't been much rush to this year, yet. I don't have any expectations of it staying this way, but it's nice to feel as though I've conquered the "taking life in easy strides" for a little while. Right now, it's easy for me to have this outlook, because there isn't anything pressing.

I've been spending this down time doing the things I always wish I could curl myself into, when things feel so rushed.

Like...

…Skype Dates…
I don't do often, but when I do, I love it and wish I made the efforts to do it more. My last session was as therapeutic as ever and I laughed until my stomach hurt….I looked like crap and didn't care. We talked about how sometimes life sucks and didn't regret saying opinions we really didn't mean...We were stupid…. in that way you only can be with a best friend… It both warmed my heart and made it sad…. It was a nice escape and much needed to say the least.

Photobucket

…Nature Break..
I pulled out the cross country skis for the first time during an unexpected baby free afternoon. I didn't do laundry, paint any trim, clean the kid's closets, or finish the work they never give me enough time to think during… I just went skiing before Wesley got home from school…

PhotobucketPhotobucket

then took him out for a date before getting the littles back.

Photobucket

...Family Getaway...
to NH with Nate's side of the family for what is becoming an annual Richardson Family Retreat. It was a quick down and back weekend, but we all got what we needed from it… The cousins connected more memories, the men bounded over football, and the women shopped.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My sister-in-law and I spent a little too much time in the 'bounding over beer' process and I'm not quite sure I've fully recovered yet… That's not saying I would hesitate at all, to proceed with this process again.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

…Organizing…
all the areas I let get completely unorganized throughout the rest of the year, because they can be easily hid behind cupboards or doors, no one but myself gets into.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Yes, there is still plenty to be done, but the urgency isn't underlining at all… I give myself another week before I realize, it's during the urgency I thrive in accomplishment… until then, I'm loving the pieces of sanity that come with this slow.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

All Good in mommyhood said...

Thanks for the slow down and enjoy life reminder...sitting under another blanket of snow here in NY state...craving spring...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!